Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our House Takes Shape






Wow it has taken a month but we finally have something that resembles a house. We not only have the four exterior walls up but all of our interior walls as well. It is exciting to walk through what will eventually become our home and be able to visualize what it will look like. It has taken a while and a lot second tries but slowly a home is emerging. We feel like we are putting a puzzle together but we have to create all of the pieces ourselves. A year ago we would never have imagined that we would be capable of doing something so monumental. It has a taken some practice but we are getting proficient at using the high powered nail guns, saws, measuring tapes and squares. We are getting equally proficient at using the nail puller and hammer to remove mistakes :) It is inevitable that mistakes will be made when you put together a bunch of families that have never done anything like this before in their lives. We have learned that mistakes can be fixed and lessons learned. Even though there are moments of frustrations we are trying to remember why we are doing this.

3 comments:

Dina C said...

Wow!! I am so proud of you guys!! It totally looks like a house. You are amazing. I can't believe that you are learning to build a real house. So my question is, where is the guest bedroom? The Chatwin cousins plan on spending alot of summers there!!!

Aimee said...

Thats awesome!
Its coming along so fast!!!
Remember...let me know if you need me to watch maggie!!

The Butlers said...

I know building a house is hard work. My family did it too. I have fond childhood memories of helping put the house together. It may be frustrating now, but it will give you such a sense of accomplishment when it is finished. I wish we were there to help. I've found I enjoy that kind of stuff as we work on our house.